Ms. Sangita Baruah
Assistant ProfessorPh.D. : Pursuing from Gauhati University
Research Interests:Network Security, Machine Learning
Joined the University in May 16, 2007
- MCA from NERIM, Dibrugarh University
- Ph.D. pursuing, in Computer Science from Gauhati University, Assam.
- Working as an Assistant Professor in the Dept of Computer Science & IT, Cotton University (Erstwhile Cotton College), Guwahati, Assam (May 2007 onwards).
- Programming in C
- Python Programming
- Object Oriented Programming using C++
- Data Structure
- UNIX OS
- Computer organization and architecture
- Web Technology
- Machine Learning
Research paper publications till 2021
- S. Baruah, " A Study on Botnet and Detection Techniques ", Research Journal of Social & Life Sciences, ISSN:0973-3914, Sept 2018.
- S. Baruah and C.J.Kumar, "MSER with SURF based animal recognition in WildLife Videos", Research Journal of Social & Life Sciences, ISSN:0973-3914, Dec 2018.
- S. Baruah, " Botnet Detection: Analysis of Various Techniques”, proceedings of International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Internet of Things, National Institute of Technology Agartala, International Journal of Computational Intelligence & IoT, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2019.
Book publication relating subject/research concerned
- Computer Science & Application for Class XI.(Book Land Publisher)
- Information & Communications technology (ICT) and Classroom transaction for B.Ed. Course
1. Participated in the “2nd National Workshop on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Computer Science” organized by Deptt. Of Computer Science, Gauhati University, 11th -17th March 2019
2. Contributed in “National Conference on Green, Sustainable and Evolving Sciences” organized by Deptt of Chemistry, Cotton University, 28th – 29th June 2019
3. Participated in UGC Sponsored Short term Course in Gender Sensitization, 4th -10th January 2018
4. Contributed and Participated in “National Conference on Mathematics and its Applications” organized by Deptt of mathematics, Cotton University, 21st - 22nd October 2016
5. Participated in UGC Sponsored Special Winter School on Research Methodology, 29th January- 18th February 2016
6. Organized “National Network Security & Ethical Hacking Championship” at Cotton College, 21st-22nd March 2014
7. Participated in UGC Sponsored Orientation program, 26th November-23rd December 2012
8. Participated in AICTE Sponsored Staff Development Programme on “Database Management System with Special Reference to Database programming”, 7th - 17th September 2009
9. Participated in the “Meeting of the task Force for Women in Science” Sponsored by Science & Society Division”, Govt. Of India, 10th June 2008
10. Participated in International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communication held at IIT Guwahati, 18th -21st December 2007
1. Talk was given on Network Security at University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya on 03-02-2018
RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTED
1. Presented paper title "Botnet Detection: Analysis of Various Techniques" in the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Internet of Things, NIT Agartala, 14th - 15 th December 2018